Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Day Will Come (Freedom for Ireland)

UPDATE: Finally uploaded to the file share.

Well I've got my tune finished and it's uploading (very slowly) right now. The title is "Our Day Will Come (Freedom for Ireland)". As I've said before, it's all about Irish Independence. It seems like a strange time to be penning anything to do with Irish Independence, since Ireland is entirely dependant on aid from benefactor countries such as ours at the moment. Well, when I started this project the Irish economy was not headline news. At any rate, I'm quite pleased with it. Here are the lyrics (outro refrain borrows from "Danny Boy" by Frederick Weatherly:

UPDATE AGAIN: The lyrics have been retracted and this song will not appear on the new IML album. I attempt to explain this in a follow up blog post.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to listen to your song.

    Is access to it public, or am I too thick to find the link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it will be accessible to the public soon... we're collating an album of songs so there's some mastering to do and other bits to finish up. Follow @imusiclab on twitter for news of the release and in the meantime check out our other 5 albums at http://www.intercontinentalmusiclab.com/
    Cheers, Layla (@LaLaL0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi @wassabeeee,

    Sorry for not making it clear. I should have realized that sharing this link onto Twitter and Facebook might mean some people would look for the track. Probably in two or three weeks it will be out. Thanks for the interest.

    Regards,
    Matt (@flayman)

    ReplyDelete